Waimarama Orchards is a 17-year-old avocado and blueberry orchard in Ngataki in the Far North of New Zealand. It is owned by Te Urungi o Ngati Kuri Ltd the commercial arm of the Ngati Kuri Trust Board.
There is significant ongoing horticulture investment on this 311-hectare property. Situated in a unique part of New Zealand, with a special community and climate, here is a rare opportunity, for the right candidate to mix lifestyle with passion.
Reporting to the Orchard Manager you will be responsible for a team of 6 full-time staff and up to 30 part-time staff, driving the day to day activities, helping to build a team who are focused and driven to achieve excellence and pride in what they do. You will maintain a hands-on approach, taking ownership of all areas within your responsibility, supporting the Orchard Manager in terms of people and performance management, quality control and auditing, budgetary reviews, and plant maintenance in order to meet priorities. You will manage your own workload, be extremely self-driven, and have the means to work flexible hours.
This is a great opportunity for candidates who enjoy a daily hands-on approach, leading staff to achieve deadlines and exceed client expectations.
- Can demonstrate sound leadership skills and enthusiasm to motivate a team
- Demonstrate sound interpersonal skills and are customer-focused
- Have strong organisational and planning skills to coordinate and manage workloads
- Have the ability to make sound decisions and demonstrate initiative
- Are reliable, meticulous and have an organised approach to work
- Have strong computer, and administration skills
- You will have a current Class 1 driver’s licence
- Have a passion for people and land Here’s what we can offer you
- To belong to a unique Iwi organisation that puts people and land first.
- Opportunity to be part of a wider rural and Iwi community
- Competitive salaries, that are reviewed annually
- Potential opportunity for advancement through the Iwi Commercial Entities
- Investment in the ongoing internal and external training
Please send your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org