The Solomon Group is offering a free Level 2 tertiary certificate in Family Learning and Child Development for parents and caregivers in the Far North region.
Students on this course achieve a foundation level tertiary qualification while also focusing on the development of their own children and family.
This is a year-long, full time course based at various primary schools or Solomon Group premises during school terms.
This qualification is free but may also attracts Student Loans and Allowances to support the student during their studies.
Graduating parents / caregivers will gain:
- Whanau Ara Mua (WAM) Certificate in Intergenerational Education (Level 2)
- NZ Certificate in Foundation Skills (Level 1)
- NZ Certificate in Foundation Skills (Level 2)
- ANZ Money Minded Certificate
- This course is free
- Course runs 3 days per week (15 hours onsite) and goes from 6 March to 30 November 2017 (35 Weeks during School Term time only)
- 3 mornings per week on a Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (15 hours) and does not run during the school holidays (so brilliant for solo parents or caregivers)
Contact Joanne Mutu in person at the old McDonald’s building or by phone on 09 4081721 for more information.